Sunday 23 December 2007

2007 Countdown Part 4

So of course it was very close between Work Your Magic and this one,but my favourite song of this year is....

1: Måns Zelmerlöw- Cara Mia


Yes it’s Måns again. According to itunes, I’ve played this song 698 times. Well, not quite, but it will be before long probably. When I found out the results of Melodifestivalen, I was in a sulk that Andreas Johnson didn’t win (just like last year really). And then I heard Cara Mia and thought it was even more of an injustice that The Ark won (even though I love them now, as I said before, Ola Salo is an amazing lyricist, and some of his songs have meant a lot to me in recent times shall we say). I still think this would have done better than The Worrying Kind at Eurovision, it reminds me of Mihai’s Tornero (the best song of last year, and not just in Eurovision terms either), only it might even be a bit better than that. Everything about it is fabulous, the intro that makes you think “what the hell is this?”, the frenetic chorus, the big ending…it’s a bit of a Europop masterpiece I think :) So that’s 3 of Måns’s songs in my little countdown. That’s not bad. Maybe I should buy his album now, I’m thinking it would probably be quite a good investment.


There's been many other fabulous Europop tunes this year that I haven't mentioned of course- Venke Knutson's Holiday, practically everything that Sopho Khalvashi did, the Lene Marlin and Lovebugs song Avalon, and of course the super Do You Believe by Litesound...it's been a Eurotastic year,I hope 2008 will be the same :)

2 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Brilliant!!! Think I might have played it a few hundred times as well and I had it at no.10 in my countdown.

Really enjoyed reading your chart. Yes I'd recommend that you get "Stand By For..." It would have been easy to bring out an album with a lot of variations on "Cara Mia", but Måns' CD has a good variety of tracks on it and I thought it was one of the best pop albums of the year.

Jake said...

Great choice Rachel but nothing on his album comes close to this.
You have great taste!