Friday 21 December 2007

2007 Countdown Part 2

Carrying on with my top songs of the year...

7: Måns Zelmerlöw- My Mistake

I only heard this one quite recently, but I absolutely love it. It’s got the right amount of balladness in it (that’s a new word) and it’s another one I love singing along to loudly in the kitchen. And it can’t be just me who thinks it’s a bit Michael Bublé sounding (can it?).

6: Albino Superstars- Popular

I heard this at the VG Lista concert as well (I make it sound like I was actually there, when in reality I was of course sitting in bed watching it and getting annoyed with the live stream cutting out every half a minute). It’s so so catchy, it’s fabulous. And the fact I’m sure they shot the video on the Oslofjord gives it bonus points too. I’ve heard their follow up song My Girls, but didn’t quite like it as much as this one.

5: Kurt Nilsen- Push Push

There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe Kurt, I love him. He’s been my favourite singer in the world for the last 5 years, so I was very excited (to put it mildly) when I found out he was going to be at the VG Lista concert doing his new song, which was this. It’s funky, it’s cool, it’s a bit different to the stuff on his first 2 albums, and hopefully the next one will be full of things like this (from what I’ve heard, I think it will be). I urge you very much to check out the videos on youtube that he did for VG, where he’s in a studio singing Silence and Come On. They’re sooooo good.

No comments: