Friday 8 June 2007

More questions...

When was the last time you mailed a card to someone, and what was the occasion?
I sent Keira a card on her birthday. It wasn’t as great as I’d planned it to be, as I was going to make a special Dima Bilan themed one, made out of all the naffest pictures of him that I could find. But I discovered that our printer was a bit knackered, so I just had to settle for putting a rather lovely picture of Dima B and Dima Koldun (wearing some kind of dead animal) in there instead. In one of the many interviews with Dima K that we’ve watched, he says that him and Dima B ‘don’t connect anymore,’ so obviously this was taken before the big argument. Which we assume had something to do with boots.

Is your computer's home page set to an Internet Service Provider, news/newspaper site, blog, search engine or portal such as Google or Yahoo, or something else? how often do you change your homepage setting?
My homepage is VG, a Norwegian newspaper. That’s where I’ve learnt most of the Norwegian that I know. I first set it to that when I was thinking of applying to UCL to do Scandinavian Studies, I thought it might be useful to know what’s going on in Norway and stuff. I ended up not applying there and regretting it ever since, but anyway, VG’s still a great newspaper and I haven’t changed the homepage thing for about 2 years.

What's the last book you read, and, what book are you planning on reading next?
The last book I read was Silence of the Grave by Arnaldur Indriðasson, which was a nice Icelandic murder mystery. Actually it wasn’t nice, it was quite disturbing, but it was good to read. I think I’ll probably read No Holiday next. It’s about all the most horrible places in the world that you probably shouldn’t visit.

Which TV shows from the past would you like to see back on television and why?
Going For Gold. That was a great quiz. I remember quite enjoying it as a kid coz of all the foreign people on it. Maybe that’s where it all started…

If you were offered an opportunity to travel free of charge to any destination on earth for just a 30 minutes visit, where would you choose to go and why?
It’d have to be Antarctica really. Mostly coz I could never really afford to go there otherwise. And although it’s very far away, I’m thinking you probably wouldn’t need much more than 30 minutes there. You could probably get a good idea of what the rest of the continent is like in that time. Cold, snowy, penguins…

If you could wake up tomorrow morning speaking any one language fluently--in addition to English--which language would you choose and why?
Italian. I can’t speak Italian, apart from a few little pointless phrases. I can understand it a bit, but it would just make sense for me to speak it, as much as I wouldn’t really use it in everyday life.

No comments: