Saturday 9 June 2007

Get up get down...

is the name of Dima Koldun's new song.Well it's not actually new,but the video on youtube is.And it kicks arse!


Name two things that made you smile this week.

Some of Keira’s infamously strange quotes from MSN and Facebook have amused me somewhat this week. Particularly “I wish I was Swedish so it would be a bit easier to marry Ola or Måns,” and- on the subject of Dima Koldun coming over to Britain to thank us for our Facebook group dedicated to him- “Well, Kent’s nearer Belarus I suppose, so he’d come to you first.” Damn right. Why would he go out of his way to go to Hertfordshire first when Medway’s on his doorstep? Hehe : )

Also, the programme Wedding Stories on BBC2 makes me smile. There were 2 really butch lesbians on there last night who were having a Rocky Horror themed wedding. I like watching people plan their weddings, it’s kind of exciting in an odd way. Even the strange, unconventional ones like that. I just hope one day I’ll have my own one to plan. And believe me, I’ve got some ideas for it already. It’ll be fabulous!

Fill in the blank: Don’t you hate it when ________?

You think you’ve given your nail varnish enough time to dry, after having sat still in the same position for a good 5 minutes, but then as soon as you move, it smudges? Yeah, I hate that too!

When you can’t go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?

I’ve never been good at sleeping. I think too much and it keeps me awake. It’s particularly bad when you wake up halfway through the night and start thinking about something very random and you can’t get back to sleep. That happened to me in Norway last week, I woke up and suddenly couldn’t stop thinking about Corinne Bailey Rae. I don’t even LIKE Corinne Bailey Rae! So that was quite annoying. Usually when I can’t sleep I put the ipod on. I’ve got a special sleep playlist with such delights as Sigur Ros and Mew on there. I used to use it quite a lot in Guildford when I lived nextdoor to Mr Noise from Nigeria. Wow, it’s nice saying that in the past tense….See, I can’t handle noise from other people, but I can listen to my ipod coz that’s me controlling the noise. Strange.

What is the most interesting tourist attraction you’ve ever visited?

Well, they’re not really touristy but the Postojna caves in Slovenia were really cool. I like the mysteriousness of caves, and all the little lakes in them. I imagine if you were to be left on your own in some caves it would be rather relaxing. For 5 minutes anyway, then you’d just be scared. I’ve been in other caves- in Barbados and Spain- but the Slovenian ones were the best, because they were home to this little… thing called a Proteus. They’re like lizards but they have no eyes and no features really, and they have to be left in the dark otherwise their skin goes brown. They’re kind of cute in an odd way. And apparently they’re one of the national symbols of Slovenia. I suppose the other one is Anžej Dežan.

You enter a pet store. Which section do you go to first?

Fish! I like fish. Especially the little neon tetras, they’re quite nice. I’ve always wanted some, but it wouldn’t really work, coz I wouldn’t be able to think of 58 names for them. And you can’t just have 1 neon tetra, that would look a bit silly.

No comments: