Monday 18 June 2007

I need more saaaaales!

The selling's not going too well. Some people are so tight! And the ones who don't leave their books outside for me to collect are really pissing me off. Unless of course they have nothing better to do than sit indoors obsessively looking at pages and pages of cosmetics and bath products. Which is probably how I'll end up in 50 years :) Can't blame them for not wanting to buy anything from me though, it's a pretty select area where I'm based, and the state I looked today (half emo, half eskimo, 100% scruff) they probably weren't too excited about doing trade with someone who looked like they'd come straight from a wartorn country.
Anyway, question time...

Have you ever had a dream that explained something that happened in your past? Predicted something that happened in the future?
I’m quite into dreams and psychology at the minute actually. Can’t say I’ve had any that explain something that happened in the past, although I used to (and sometimes still have) this recurring nightmare, ever since I was about 8 I suppose, about going down never-ending steps. It was actually really scary, and apparently it means there’s issues from the past that I haven’t dealt with properly or am keeping suppressed. Don’t know what that could be though. And yeah I had one predicting something in the future. I dreamt I’d get 62% in my French Grammar exam before Christmas. Seeing as I didn’t go to Grammar lessons for 8 whole weeks, I didn’t think that was very likely, but it’s exactly what I got. Interesting…


Of all the airports you've been in, which one would be the best one in which to be stuck for 12-15 hours?
A few years ago I was stuck in Gatwick for something like 13 hours, when we went to Croatia. It wasn’t THAT bad I don’t think, I think Gatwick is my favourite airport out of all the ones I’ve been too (if I had to choose). Foreign ones tend to be not very interesting, so I guess Gatwick was the best place for it to happen. Better than Pula in Croatia anyway, it’s so small there’s only 6 departure gates and 2 shops. That would NOT have been fun!


What is the most mysterious phenomenon you have ever witnessed?
When we were in Tunisia (which is one of the most boring places I’ve ever visited, mostly coz the men scared me so much I didn’t really want to go out, so I just stayed in and enjoyed the beauty of all the Scandinavians at our hotel) there was this crazy wind on the last day we were there. It was quite scary, it just happened really suddenly, and it was really strong, but hot. It felt like a big massive hairdryer. I didn’t much like it.

What is your most favorite saying? What one thing (word or phrase) do you say the most?
Fabulous!


What would be a dream come true?

Working for VG in Oslo. Or getting the chance to travel around Central Asia and write about it. I’d love to be a travel journalist.

What is your favorite sandwich, made at home with your own hands?
I make a pretty damn good prosciutto and gouda poppy seed baguette with lettuce and tomatoes. Made with ingredients from Aldi : )

Name something you think is fun to do that most people wouldn't think so
Translating. I love translating lyrics and I also get quite excited when I’m listening to foreign radio or something and can understand something they say. I was rather excited this afternoon when I understood a line from Pozdravlaju by Dima Bilan. I’ve really been trying to improve my Russian lately, so I was rather pleased : )

When listening to music do you tend to focus more on the lyrics or the melody?

I’m definitely a lyrics person. Although I do listen to a lot of foreign stuff that I just enjoy the melody of. I’ve got songs on my ipod in 21 different languages, so obviously I can’t understand them all. I try and translate some of them though, and some of the best lyrics come from places you wouldn’t expect.


What's the most severe weather event you've experienced?

Apart from the weird wind in Tunisia, I experienced a rather terrifying thunderstorm in Croatia a few years ago. We’d been in a restaurant, and it had been raining most of the night, but when we eventually decided to leave, the thunder started, and the wind, and the lightning. And what made it worse was that we were in the middle of a forest (I always seem to end up in a forest when I’m in Croatia…) so it was pitch black, which made it even more scary and impossible to see what was happening. Also, I was wearing heels which even on a normal day is a stupid idea, but in the middle of a big arse thunderstorm in a Croatian forest when you’re trying to cross a wooden bridge, it was even worse! There was also the rain in Norway last year, I’d say 18 hours non stop rain was quite severe. Even if the forecast in the paper said it was ‘light showers’. Mmm…


Do you wear a watch every day? If so, describe it.

I have an array of fabulous watches. I have a Cosmopolitan one that you can change the colour of, it’s flimsy looking but pretty indestructible, I dropped it down 2 flights of stairs on several occasions in Germany, but it still survived. I also have a rather expensive DKNY one, but I never really wear it. My best one obviously is my Norwegian Axcent one. It’s white leather and it’s big. You could never lost it. I saw it in this jewellers in Oslo last year, and it was half price and came in this big fancy white box. And I had to have it coz on the dial it says Axcent of Scandinavia, which I thought was rather cool. And it looks a bit like the one Andreas Thorkildsen wears, so it must be cool : )

No comments: