Monday 25 June 2007

Fabulous musical year Part 2

April- I think we’d been watching bits of Fabrika Zvëzd on youtube for a while, but in April, we discovered lovely Dima’s version of Neseryozna. I’ve heard the original, thought it was alright, but prefer Dima’s, obviously. Also had a bit of BWO going on this month, I wasn’t too fussed about them in last year’s Melodifestivalen, seeing as I was dead set on Andreas Johnson winning, but actually BWO ain’t that bad. My particular favourite is the potential-glowstick-waving ballad- We Could Be Heroes.

Also worth mentioning is Mihai Traistariu. He’s another favourite of ours, Tornero is without doubt the best ESC song ever, but this month we discovered Dimmi Si O No, which is pretty funky.

May- Aah, my favourite month of the year : ). Right up until the day before the final, I didn’t like The Ark. I was severely disappointed that Måns didn’t win Melodifestivalen, therefore I couldn’t be bothered to like The Ark. But they are fabulous, Ola is not only divine, but he’s also a great lyricist, not so much with The Worrying Kind, but I do like the darker stuff like Tell Me This Night Is Over. I also bought the new album when I was in Norway, and it’s pretty good. Apart from The Ark though, this was also the month I discovered Chelsi (my faaaaavourite band of the moment. I still love Samaya Lyubimaya, I think it’s rather lovely), and the delights of Atomik Harmonik : ). Also, although it’s now nearly a year old, I bought Aleksander Denstad With’s album, and was introduced to How About- the most stonking piece of pop I’ve ever heard, I LOVE it! : )



June- Mmm, Sergey Lazarev. Not as hot as Dima Koldun and not as pop-tastic as Dima Bilan, but probably twice as fabulous as both of them put together. Fake is a super song, the lyrics are awful and it’s quite possibly the campest thing I’ve ever heard, but I love it immensely. I also love I’m Gone, which is neither camp nor has awful lyrics, Just Because You Walk Away, and Do It For Me. I think he should also win something for having the best album cover for Don’t Be Fake. It’s a bit odd. Also loving some more Chelsi songs (ie- Stan Moey and Popolam), and also All I Want Is You off of The Ark’s aforementioned fabulous album Prayer For The Weekend.

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

I would have commented on this, but I was gone :) "Fake" is all sorts of brilliance! Those lyrics, and, oh, that video... It being a hit in the UK would have been the best. thing. ever. Well, almost.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, was having a bit of a BWO moment after seeing the new song on british telly(!) and remembered this song. Its grown on me a lot since.