Wednesday 10 December 2008

WYM is back with a bang!*

It's been a crazy old two and a half weeks of visits to Flensburg and Denmark and...parliament.Yes peeps,I spent Monday afternoon at Schleswig-Holstein's parliament along with 200 German and Danish politicians,mayors,ministers,journalists...As a collective that is,not 200 of each,it isn't that big :)

So why am I back so soon? Well,as is always the case,when I stopped writing,I found a whole load of cool musical things that interested me.

- I found a renewed,stronger love for this song Isn't he going to be in ESC next year? With the rest of the group,I just can't picture it myself :/ I'm sure it'll be lovely...
- The video to Lonely appeared.Seriously,if you haven't already,watch it,Dima's looking hot.Although he so nicked the "I'm on top of a building,what shall I do?" scene from Ya Dlya Tebya.
- The Russian Music Awards happened.Hosted by none other than Gruppa Bilaz- Dima and Sergey,how goddamn fabulous? Had a pretty cool intro,which then fizzled out into some girlband singing an even more sedate than usual version of Na Beregu Neba.Gruppa Bilaz were great though- look.Is it just me,or does Sergey sing Believe better than Dima even when he's rolling around and thrusting on the floor?
- OMG- FABRIKA ZVEZD IS BACK!!!111 Well.It isn't,it's Fabrika Zirok for a start,and it's the Ukrainian version.And I think it's finished now.I'm particularly loving Vadim Olejnik though.Here he is singing one of the best songs of the year and looking a bit like Aleksei Vorobyov.By the way,can any Ukrainians or Russians out there tell me if the series is finished now,and if so,who won?And does Vadim always sing with Dantes?Spasiba!

However,the most exciting thing that I've discovered (actually I'm 6 months late,but still...I reckon I'm quite possibly one of the first people in native-English blogland to post about it) is that...drumroll...

Jakob Sveistrup has made a comeback!

No sarcasm,I am actually quite excited about this.I loved Talking To You and I loved Jakob's lovely brand of 1990s-HeartFM-wind down zone music.I loved his Eurovision jacket too.So much so,I have my own :)



Complete with stripe on the back :)



Ahem,yes....

I have both of his albums too,which I paid an extortionate amount for on CDWow a few years ago.I'm not sure if the new one is actually out yet- haven't read too much about it yet to be honest,just the odd thing on youtube.But I didn't see it in Esbjerg when I was there.And Tønder,well...let's just not mention Tønder.

Anyway,imagine my surprise when I discovered he'd gone all rock...



That's Hvem er Venner,and I love it.A lot.

It's OK though,there's still 1990s-HeartFM-wind down zone type songs on the album too...



Can't wait to hear more,might even nip back over the border and see if I can find this album in the near future...

Anyway,stay tuned for the arrival sometime this week of the WYM Top 50 songs of 2008.Oooh...


*or small fizzling sound would be more accurate

No comments: