Monday 15 December 2008

Top 50- 42: We shared our lives for a few days and weeks



Philipp Poisel- Wer Braucht Schon Worte

Philipp Poisel is easily my best musical discovery of the year,all thanks to my favourite Flensburger who got me all interested by sending me the brilliant Unanständig.At that time I was despairing of the German music scene,and needed something new and exciting.Mr P is it.Wo Fängt Dein Himmel An is undoubtedly one of the best albums of the year,and Philipp's sometimes Teitur-esque music and wonderful lyrics about all aspects of short-lived romances leaving their mark on you,please my ears very much indeed.I love all the songs on the album,with the major exception of one,but this one just stands out because of the lyrics- particularly the whole Baltic Sea reference :) Read about some other songs on the album here.

No comments: