Saturday 13 December 2008

Top 50- 50: Just remember faith and love is all you need



Litesound- Do You Believe

This song isn't number 50 because I like it the least.But I first heard it last year,in the interim period between finishing my top 10 and the end of the year.So it shouldn't really count.But I adore it,so I've included it anyway :) Litesound are like the Belarussian BWO (as I'm sure you've thought to yourself before :) ),they always seem to be in Eurofest but fail every time.Their previous efforts weren't too great to be honest,but Do You Believe is pure brilliance.With its (semi?) Christian hopeful lyrics,the anthemic chorus and Dimitry's wonderful Alex-from-the-Calling voice,I just don't get why it wasn't a hit.But the band are already known outside of Belarus- having toured in China,America and Russia,and having won an Italian song festival.They've just released their debut album too- Going to Hollywood,which,from what I've heard from it,is pretty good.Maybe they don't need Eurovision.But I'd love to see them in it.

No comments: