Tuesday 16 December 2008

Top 50- 41: There's always someone out there who will care for you



Maria Haukaas Storeng- Hold On,Be Strong

This grew on me quite a lot just before we saw Maria at the Eurovision party at the Scala.Before that,I was just bitter about Zuma not winning.I'm surprised it did so well at Eurovision really,although any kind of victory for Norway makes me very happy indeed :) I thought in a world of pirates,glitz and ice skaters,it would be overlooked,but its simplicity really works I think.It's nice to see a song do well simply because it's a good song sung by a good singer.Despite my loathing of Melodifestivalen,I'm intrigued to hear Maria's duet with Sahlene (singer of one of my all time favourite ESC songs).With all the other big names in MF,I doubt they'll win or anything,but it will be interesting I think.

No comments: