Monday 15 September 2008

You told me my darling,without me you're nothing

Russian stuff aside,there's been 3 big obsessions in my life so far.The Cossacks, ESC and The Rasmus.

I urge you to hurry over to Tales From Turku to check out their new fabulous song.I love it,and I think you should too :) It's from the new album Black Roses,which has apparantly just been released in Scandinavia and Germany.Thankfully,Living In a World Without You isn't like the stuff I heard from the last album (Hide From the Sun),it's more kind of somewhere between Into and Dead Letters.The verses are pretty funky actually- it doesn't really sound like Lauri at all.But then you get to the chorus and you recognise his unique voice straight away (actually,he still reminds me a bit of the guy from Europe of Final Countdown fame).I love the contrast between the quick,punchy verses and the anthemic chorus- Lauri has quite a plaintive edge to his voice when he's in full flow I think,which often gives a new dimension to his songs.

This isn't the first time TR have done an I'm-over-you song- in lyrical terms,this new one is quite similar to Since You've Been Gone,which was only a B side (to First Day of My Life),but is one of my favourite TR songs all the same.If you listen to it,you might see what I meant in the paragraph above...

Living in a World Without You also reminds me quite a bit of Chill (the second single from 4th album Into),with the fast verses and sweeping chorus.There's a more complex bridge in LIAWWY,but on the whole,I think they're quite similar.I must post the video,it's one of their better ones- filmed on tour in Scandinavia,and back in the day when blond hair suited Lauri...



I'm quite excited to hear more of this new album anyway,although given the pretty rubbish quality of CD shops in Kiel,I'm going to have to travel a bit to find it.

Expect more about Finland's best musical export ever quite soon- I've experienced a bit of a Rasmus Renaissance in the last few months :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi its me again u know the girl that was asking about chelsi news anyway i just found out that chelsi did a new song c ya