Tuesday 23 September 2008

Newly remembered fabulous songs

Isn't it strange how one little word can remind you of a song you'd completely forgotten about and probably wouldn't have ever thought about otherwise? Well today,that word was "grausam," which led me to remember not only a conversation I had ooh,nearly 2 years ago now,that resulted in the line "Yuck,das ist grausam. I don't even know what grausam means,but I'm sure it's appropriate," but also this great song by Die Ärzte.It's called Nichts in der Welt,and is incredibly self-indulgent,but I love it all the same.Cover your eyes and ears Pop Purists,for guitars are on the way...




Nothing reminded me of this second song- which is either a really bad pun,or some kind of mindbending paradox depending on how you look at it.I didn't mean it to be either.Anyway,this is Remind Me by Röyksopp.I've never taken any notice of what the song's about,I'm just always bloody fascinated by the video...



This is one of my favourite unsuccessful Melodifestivalen songs (2006),but I didn't even know it had a video til 5 minutes ago...



This came on my ipod just as I was arriving in Schleswig on Saturday,and it made me so happy.Probably more to do with the fact that I could get off the bus after 2 hours,but also partly because it made me think of good times in Guildford when me and Keira used to sit doing our work in the front room with the Chelsi DVD (my finest achievement) on "in the background",but getting distracted by Malenkiy Prins and Krilya.Every single time.Still find the scandal of Roman and Aleksei nicking Senya's line at the end hilarious :)



As far as last-year-nostalgia goes though,nothing beats this song.I found it somewhere on my computer the other day,and although it might seem an odd one because a) it's British and b) I've never mentioned to anyone that I even like it,it reminds me so much of last year in Surrey that I feel just a little bit sad when I hear it...



Although I must say- the intro does remind me more than a little bit of Round and Round by US5 :)

2 comments:

Keira said...

Andy Wale mentioned Mr Fawlkner the other week. Didnt realise he was 'local talent' to Guildford. Although I'm not surprised - Mr Wale would have you think Guildford is the only birth-place of good music.

All that aside, I really like this song too.

Raquelita said...

I hated it to start with,I remember it being overplayed on GU2 (probably because of the local talent thing) But I saw it on VH1 or something over summer and changed my mind :)