Monday 7 April 2008

It's Hasta La Vista all over again

What's with everyone butchering their songs this year?First the Belarussians did bad things to Hasta La Vista,and now this...

Violins!It's quite nice at the beginning but I wasn't expecting it to go all the way through the song.What made this such a good song in the first place was it's simplicity.Hopefully it won't be the proper Eurovision version,but seeing as this is the official video,I fear it might be the one.Next week we'll find out Paolo's shoved a good old accordion into Era Stupendo...

5 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

NOT loving those violins at all.

And what's with the video? It's like Grey's Anatomy meets Dancing On Ice!

Maybe I'll change my mind later, but at the moment I don't like this new version. Come to think of it, I hardly like anything at Eurovision this year, maybe I'm just getting harder to please?

Raquelita said...

No it's not just you- there are a few songs this year that I quite like but nothing that really stands out like in other years.I love Era Stupendo and I'll definitely be supporting Paolo but I can't even get that excited about that one.Then again,it's going to be a while before anything beats Work Your Magic for me :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Now there was a great song...!

I had a Dima (Bilan) moment this morning. Whilst walking to work with the iPod on shuffle, "Number One Fan" came on. I walked into the local baker's shop and almost burst into a chorus of "They call me Dima Bilan.." but stopped myself just in time :)

Raquelita said...

Haha,oh that's happened to me many a time- usually on the bus,which is quite annoying :)

Poster Girl said...

Oh, don't even say such things about him ruining "Era Stupendo"--I'm already petrified it's going to happen! ;)

I'm so glad you're back, by the way.