Thursday 17 April 2008

Dressed to kill and guess who's dying

This evening's going to be very nice I think,I have the house to myself,it's all quiet and lovely,and all I have to do is read a few Russian dialogues.Magic.That means I should have time to start updating my new blog Parlez-vous Europop at last.Might even watch Amélie as well so I can be all nostalgic.

Anyway,I got round to watching last night's edition of The Apprentice this afternoon- it's great as ever.This week I loved Simon description of Kent."The grass is green,the sky is blue,the women are orange."Classic!I'm also wondering why everyone seems to be so nasty to Lucinda all the time when she seems lovely.I'm glad she had a go back at Helene this week though.

Music-wise,as I said on the radio the other night,I'm finding it quite difficult to get into anything since we came back from Paris.However,last night I discovered Ólafur Arnalds.He's from Iceland -as the name might suggest- is 21 and is rather wonderful.I found out about him because he's on tour and is doing a gig with Yndi Halda,a band from Canterbury (nearish to where I live) in June in London.Anyway,if you like lovely,dreamy Nordic piano/violin music like the stuff Sigur Rós make,you'll like Ólafur.Have a look at his MySpace page.I particularly like the song 3055 I think.

Also,I heard this song yesterday as well,and I really like it.Shock horror,it's not even European.And it's a dance song.Madness.

No comments: