Thursday 10 April 2008

C'était le temps où on était heureux

I can't believe it's been a whole week since we saw Jonatan at the Sentier des Halles.Time goes so fast when you're erm,doing nothing.Actually it's been a pretty long month here in Kent,not necessarily boring,just long.I'm looking forward to getting back to Guildford at the weekend,seeing the boyfriend,doing the radio show and generally getting back to normal.Which will involve a hell of a lot of moaning about work no doubt :)

Anyway,just a couple of things to mention- apparantly that video I posted of Believe the other day was a leaked version and not the final one.Well seeing as my computer doesn't fancy letting me access esctoday.com this evening,I haven't been able to watch all of the proper version.But from what I did hear,the violins remain,so I won't bother posting it.

Also,I was quite surprised to discover last night that I don't mind Azerbaijan's Eurovision song.I hadn't given it a chance to be honest,I thought it would be a wailing ethnic ballad,but no,it's a mixture of a hardcore Mr Nobody and Vampires Are Alive.It's interesting.I can't say I like it and I really don't think anyone's going to vote for it,but it's a lot different to what I was expecting.So that's nice.

In other news,completely unrelated to music,I've been loving the new series of The Apprentice.I don't watch much telly-apart from Harry Hill on Saturday nights,it's mostly just Fabrika Zvezd 6 and the odd episode of Sex and the City on the internet when I can be bothered- so it's good to have some must-see viewing for a change.This series is hilarious- I particularly loved Kevin last night insisting that £4,25 is what you pay for tomato soup in Guildford (just proves people in Surrey have too much money :) ) and that he knows about Italian food because he eats in Italian restaurants all the time.Well,we have plenty of Italian restaurants in Guildford and in none of them have I seen carbonara served with chicken and a baked mushroom on the menu :)

I thought I'd also post this video- Le Vent de l'Hiver by Raphaël.
I must say,apart from Jonatan,I don't listen to any other French music- shameful I know.So I don't know anything at all about Raphaël Haroche other than that he's a bit Russian and he's really cool.I saw this video on French MTV last week and I really liked both it and the song.I can't say I really understand what the song's about,I don't get any of the references he makes in it,but it has a really interesting sound and the whole thing is just very...arty I suppose.I did think about buying his album Je Sais que la Terre est Plate when I saw it in FNAC in Bastille,but 22 Euros?!Think I'll wait for it to appear on Amazon :)

2 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Are you having Harry withdrawal symptoms yet? Do you find yourself yelling "HOOPY HOOPS!" and singing the "TV Highlight of the Week" song? There's only one way to find out....FIIIIIGHT!!! :))) It wasn't the same without him this week, he's the best thing on telly. "The Apprentice" is still brilliant though, real car-crash stuff. That restaurant episode reminded me of the one from 2 years ago with Syed ordering 100 chickens for pizza toppings, don't think I stopped laughing for about a week after that one :)

Raquelita said...

Haha,yeah I remember that one!There are so many pretty useless people in it this year,I think it's made even funnier by all the business clichés that they use- it's very cringeworthy.Oh,funny you should mention "TV Highlight of the Week,"I did have that in my head the other day for some reason!Can't believe he was replaced with Animals Do the Funniest Things this week- such an anti-climax :)