Wednesday 9 January 2008

Für immer und ewig werd'ich mit dir sein

Do you ever just fancy sitting down and listening to some 100% cheesy pop?Of course you do!Well look no further than Jetzt Anders! So cheesy they even have an exclamation mark at the end of their name.
I've been thinking a lot about Austria lately (which is a sentence I've never said before) for various reasons,and when I realised I have no Austrian music whatsoever,I thought I'd try and find some.It turns out Jetzt Anders! a) are so called because there are already 2 other bands in Austria called Jetzt (Now) so they thought they'd better add an extra word- 'anders' meaning 'different', b) were formed on Starmania,Austria's answer to Pop Idol,in 2007, and c) are not around anymore.Which is a shame,because they're a really good old school pop group.I've been listening to their one and only album Gut So,and although some of the songs on it are a bit samey,some of them are super.
Such as this- Für Immer und Ewig (Forevermore),it's summery,happy and catchier than flu.It's the only proper music video of theirs I could find,but it ticks all the right pop-boxes,it's all choreographed complete with some questionable dance moves,the boys all have wonderfully cheesy grins,and they're all dressed in standard boyband white.Fabulous!


I love this one too,it's called Frag Nicht Nach Morgen (Don't Ask About Tomorrow).There's only one picture on the video,and I don't know what was going on when it was taken...


All boybands must have at least one big ballad on their album.This is probably theirs.It's called Alles,and it screams Westlife at me.


There'll probably be quite a few more Austrian/German/Swiss related posts in the next few days,I'm getting quite into their music at the minute :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, austria eh? Might be going at the end of may if all goes to plan. Only watched the first vid - the white appealed to me. Unfortunately the second one to sing seems to be taking some tips from Bill.

Raquelita said...

Yeah,that's what I thought actually!That's cool,you going to Vienna?I've been thinking of working in Austria for 6 months instead of Germany if I can,seeing as I can't go up north.Of course this decision has nothing to do with the fact that I want to go to Innsbruck to watch the ski jumping at Christmas anyway :)