Wednesday 25 July 2007

I need a coffee and a kitchen sink

I've been listening to the ipod even more than normal lately.It's the only company I have when I'm walking (slowly and painfully) around the streets of Medway doing my new job.Nothing seedy by the way,I work in media now.Yes that's right,I distribute little catalogue thingys and leaflets about insurance companies to over a thousand of the luckiest houses in town :) Anyway,so as I was saying,after sorting through the vast amounts of crap on my itunes and putting only the most fabulous 500 songs on the ipod (I only have a rubbish little 2GB Nano :( ),this is what's been coming up regularly that I'm really liking at the minute.


Paolo Meneguzzi- Quel Ti Amo Maledetto


I came across Mr Meneguzzi a while ago when I was in Patriotic Italian mood (although I do believe he's actually Swiss...),because the only Italian music I had was Sere Nere by Tiziano Ferro (I didn't even have Perdono),and I thought that situation needed to change.Anyway,I decided I really like Paolo,he does good pop.I bought his album Lei è,which is full of fabulousness.This however is off a different album,but it's soooooo good.Shamefully,I can't speak Italian,and don't really understand it either :( but either way,this is a sad love song.The video is...well,naff.It consists of Paolo looking pensive and reminiscent whilst playing the guitar,interspersed with shots of him packing his ex-girlfriend's stuff into a box,and also some naff shots of how great their relationship used to be.Awwww.

Prata Vetra- Maybe

Eurovision 2000 is the only one in the past 14 years that I've missed.So I'm not quite sure where I first found out about Prata Vetra.(Yeah I know they're called Brainstorm really,but being a linguist,I like to call them by their Latvian name :) )But anyway,when I did hear about them,I thought they were fabulous.I once bonded with a Latvian man who came into Tescos when I worked there over Prata Vetra and how good they are...I love pretty much all of their songs actually,(I'm really into French Cartoon at the minute,Renars sounds verrrrrrry sexy on that one,but I don't think there's a video to it so I couldn't put it up),and this is one of my favourites.It's also a very pleasant video.Although Renars could make any video look pleasant I think :)

Marie Serneholt- I Need A House

There are not enough superlatives in the English language for me to describe just how much I love Marie Serneholt.She's gorgeous,she's Swedish and she's 150% fabulous.I was never really into A Teens *shock*,but I bought Marie's album Enjoy The Ride last year,and I must say,it's my favourite album ever.It's so happy!And it brings back many fantastic memories of my trip to Oslo last year.I was so excited when That's The Way My Heart Goes came on in McDonalds on Pløens Gate that I couldn't help but sing along quite loudly :/.But anyway,this is also a super cool song.I love it!

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

"Fabulous" and "fantastic" are perfect words for "I Need A House"--I love that song so much. And I'm going through mega Paolo Meneguzzi appreciation at the moment, but I've never heard that song--I'm guessing it's from one of his earlier (for me, pre-3 most recent) albums? Thanks for the recommendation! Well, except for the fact that I'm now going to end up spending even more money on him...

Raquelita said...

Yeah it's from Un Sogno Nelle Mani,which was released in 2001.Rather tempted to buy it myself,but I think I might just tell my mum to get it for me when she goes to Italy next month!