Sunday 8 July 2007

Isn't telly rubbish?

I don't know if it's just me being miserable,but there's so much crap on British telly these days.It's been annoying me for quite some time- particularly since the start of this year's Big Brother.Yeah I know I've become just a little bit addicted to what is essentially the Russian version of it with some music thrown in,but at least it's quite entertaining (and of course comes with the added bonus that Dima Koldun likes to walk around half naked most of the time :) )British Big Brother however,is possibly the most dire,pointless thing ever.I hate popular culture in British society these days.A culture that celebrates vacuous airheads for having a single-figure IQ,lauds the dense for having a vocabulary of about 3 phrases and a few 4 letter words,and looks up to people with no ambition whatsoever other than to hang around tacky London nightclubs with other Z-List nobodies.
There was some other pointless programme on ITV this evening as well,something about lyrics.It was presented by 2 naff people from Radio 1 I believe (don't get me started on Radio 1),they're probably like the new Ant and Dec or something :/ and the contestants-as the Radio 1 idiots described it-"have sung first lines of songs,next lines,but nothing will prepare them for this" What,Radio 1 idiots,what have they got to do? "In the final round they have to sing the preceding lines" Genius.Let's fill up an hour of prime time telly with an extended pub quiz round.Of course,it was quite a tense affair,with dragged out results and suitably pained expressions when they got something wrong.Naff.
I was a bit disillusioned with the whole Live Earth thing as well.Yeah it was a nice idea I guess,but does Lily Allen,Rihanna or Madonna really give two shits about climate change?Probably not.
Anyway,you'd think from my moaning that I've had a bad day.In fact,it's been rather fabulous.Started moving into my new house in Surrey today (in the Cold War era style part of Guildford with its Soviet appartment blocks),and apart from my bed squeaking like...something very squeaky,and the ant infestation in the skirting boards and the lack of hot water and gas,it's really nice.Quite looking forward to moving in properly next month now.Once I have my pink curtains and pink CD player that is :)
I've been listening to Dima Bilan quite a lot lately for some reason.I keep feeling a compulsion to listen to the masterpiece that is Ty Dolzhna.Here's Mr B in stalker mode,but looking rather damn attractive at the same time.

3 comments:

kevin (ru) said...

I've seen Dima in person yesterday. Even played at the same gig. Had a long talk with the Belarusian Head of the Delegation about the recipe of Dima's success.

kevin (ru) said...

Err, I'm speaking of Koldun, not Bilan.

Raquelita said...

Oh wow,you're very lucky,I'm jealous!