Sunday 8 July 2007

Gratulerer med andreplassen!


For someone who can't even ride a bike,I've been getting quite into the whole Tour de France thing.I went to see it come through Gillingham today,which I think was one of the important bits of today's stage,and I've been watching it on telly all afternoon as well.We somehow managed to miss the publicity caravan thing that came before the riders,which I was a bit disappointed about as they kept talking about it in the Medway Messenger or whatever it is,and it looked all colourful and fabulous.It was quite exciting to have a massive sporting event happen where I live,I think that's why I spent 3 hours watching it this afternoon.Don't know if I'll bother watching it again after today,but I'm supporting Thor Hushovd.Mostly because he's Norwegian and he's the only one I've ever heard of.He came second today eventually anyway,which was good.And a Belarussian guy came 3rd in the Gillingham sprint bit which was also quite exciting.Although I don't remember seeing him.
Anyway,everyone goes on about how hard it must be for the riders,but I'm burnt like a bitch on my back and shoulders,and I've only just got rid of a nasty,sun-induced headache.So spare a thought.

No comments: