Wednesday 1 August 2007

The world is mine and I'm feeling so divine


I've always had a bit of a fascination with Belgium for some reason.Maybe because it's the home of the European Commission and EU Council (who I want to work for),maybe it's because the Flemish language is really cool,or because the smell of the chocolate shops in Bruges is the best smell ever,or that's it's the only country I've ever been to twice for about 6 hours in total.Most probably though,it's because Belgian men are fit,on a level only the Scandinavians can match :) I particularly like Tom Boonen at the minute,he was rather super in the Tour de France this year,and as the guy on Eurosport said- "He's a Belgian superstar...you don't get to say those words very often."
Belgians are also pretty damn good at pop music,as I discovered last year when I came across the brilliant Tired by Das Pop.And there's Jonatan Cerrada as well obviously,but my new favourite Belgian band are Hooverphonic.I only discovered them yesterday,but I've decided I really like them.
This is a really cool song,called You Hurt Me.Couldn't find the actual video on youtube so I've just got a live version,but it's just as good really.


This is good too,it's called One,and it's full of wonderful dreamy vocals that remind me of Karin Dreijer's on the Röyksopp song Sparks (which I also love).The video is arty and a bit strange,but it also has all the lyrics in it,which are quite pretty.


According to the fountain of all knowledge that is Wikipedia,this song The World Is Mine was the theme song from some programme on Sky One.I think it's my favourite Hooverphonic song so far,it's very happy,and is about as different from One as you can get.

1 comment:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Love, love, love "The World Is Mine"! Great song.

Also really enjoying your blog - keep up the great work!