Thursday 15 January 2009

Top 50- 21: The time has come to celebrate our loneliness



Polarkreis 18- Allein Allein

I thought this was some British indie band song when I first heard it in the shoe shop before Christmas.I don't know what I thought they were saying in the chorus but it wasn't "allein".Anyway,it seems to be pretty big over here,I'm still hearing it all over the place- even the housemates were singing it on Big Brother the other night :/ But it is a great song,you don't get many good current German bands singing in English so it's refreshing.The boys will be representing Saxony in next month's Bundesvision Song Contest (seemingly a bigger deal here than ESC itself) with their second single The Colour of Snow.More about the BSC another time (although I'm actually moving to Paris the day it happens)- seems SH's representative is Ruben Cossani.From HAMBURG!Since when has Hamburg been in Schleswig-Holstein? Hmph.

No comments: