Monday 19 January 2009

Top 50- 18: And I lie to survive again



Prata Vetra- And I Lie

It is a fact that Prata Vetra are criminally underrated.Sometimes you'd think myself and Europe Crazy were their only fans.You'll probably remember them for the erm,interesting performance at ESC 2000,but there's more to Prata Vetra than cutesy pop songs like My Star- although I love them very much too :) I like the direction the band have been going in of late,and And I Lie is a super song.Normally obvious rhymes make me cringe,but the chorus- "Stop if you're going down/if you wanna take a rest/just for a while/leave the town/you are strong/the road is long/carry on carry on/we can't go wrong,no we can't go wrong" is just a lovely sentiment I think.

Wow,look,I managed to a whole post about Prata Vetra without mentioning how cute Renars is! Oh...

2 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

I bought their album in Riga but haven't really played it too much, I'll need to dig it out again..yes the lyrics are nice, I particularly appreciate when a singer or band do not have English as their first language yet manage to make an effort and often produce better lyrics than native speakers. I always thought Prata Vetra were particularly good in this respect.

So am I gonna get through a comment without mentioning how cute Renars is?? Erm...no.

Raquelita said...

Renars,cute? Can't say I'd noticed... :)