Monday 3 March 2008

Late again...

I really am getting rubbish at this blogging lark- I hardly ever update it anymore...But worry not,I have a month off of university starting in 2 weeks time,which means gratuitous Chelsi videos and pictures aplenty :) Probably.You can tell I'm insanely busy at the minute- I even missed Eurovision Your Decision on Saturday,because I was out.At Tesco of all places :/ But I did see the results show.I don't mind Andy's song actually,I quite liked him on X Factor too,so I'm quite happy he'll be representing the UK.For many reasons,Michelle's song probably would have done better in Belgrade,but let's be honest- the UK is never going to win,so it doesn't really matter :) The most disappointing thing about the final for me,is that they managed to not show anything of Ruslan or Paolo in the little preview thing of the entries so far.Rubbish!We'll just have to keep on promoting them on Sounds of Europe and hope word travels :)
Great news that Wolves of the Sea will be representing Latvia,I think that's what everyone wanted really.Will Latvia get their best result since the lovely Renars and Brainstorm in 2000?Quite possibly I think.It's all going mad this year- Latvia and Ireland with madly uptempo songs and the Scandinavian countries choosing songs which are really not that good at all...
Anyway,better be off now- got loooooads of work to do as well as getting ready for my first live DJ-ing set at the union tonight.Fun fun fun!

4 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Still loving Sounds of Europe but can't listen live anymore since the time changed so the 'Listen Back' thing has come in really handy.

Another good show last week. What was the name of the song you played before the Jetzt Anders! one (which I liked also), I think it was by Aleksander With?

Did you go and see Sash!? I bet everyone went mental when he did Ecuador, which still sounds brilliant.

I'm ok with Andy Abraham representing the UK, he's a million miles from such vocal disasters like Jemini & Scooch. Pity the song's not too memorable though, but has a nice 70s soul vibe going on.

"Wolves of the Sea" is a great laugh, totally bonkers. Can't get that hi-hi-ho hey-hey-hey chorus out of my head. It would have been really funny if that "Ho ho ho we say hey hey hey" song from Iceland had qualified - wouldn't that have caused some confusion. Glad it didn't qualify though, cause "This Is My Life" is great.

Good luck with the DJ set!!

Poster Girl said...

I hope the DJing went well!

Plus, I'm sure you've heard, but Sergey Lazarev potentially being in Russia's national selection? Ooo, interesting! Especially with Dima Bilan already being involved...ish. I don't know, Russia confuses me. Luckily I've got here to keep me up to date!

Anyway, Latvia is a lot of fun and yes, I'm glad for the "listen back" function too!

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

By the way, did you read the thing on ESCToday about Dima Bilan not being allowed to use that name anymore after losing a court case against his management?

Never mind I'm sure that whatever he calls himself, you will still be his "number one fan" (sorry for the bad pun) :-))

Raquelita said...

Thanks for the comments about the show- it's nice knowing we have listeners who we haven't actually forced to listen :)
I'm so excited about the Russian national final now- Sergey will be fabulous,seemed a bit of a last minute thing really but I hope he does well.
I'm a bit confused about Dima actually,I read somewhere about his song not being eligible (don't know why they've only just decided that),and that they're writing a new one for him at the minute.Don't know how true that is though,but it seems a bit late now.The whole name thing is really silly as well- you'd think they'd let him carry on using it,unless they have plans for someone else to be called Dima Bilan in the near future?!
The DJ-ing was really fun by the way,we had quite a lot of help and just spent most of the time singing along loudly to everything we played,but I'd quite like to do it again sometime.We managed to play an amazing remix of Work Your Magic,which sounded fabulous on a huge sound system :)
Sash! was fabulous too- we were a bit disappointed he didn't do La Primavera,but Encore Une Fois was great,and so was Ecuador- his dancers were waving massive South American flags all over the place for that one,which made me quite happy.
Oh,and Europe Crazy,the Aleksander song was called How About :)