Sunday 16 March 2008

Am I weak am I strong,in his arms do I belong?

Is it just me who's quite glad Melodifestivalen is over once and for all?Quite possibly.Maybe I'm just a bit miserable,but it seems such a long drawn out process for choosing one song that doesn't seem to do that well at Eurovision anyway.The Russians had a fantastic national final last week with nearly the same amount of songs as Melodifestivalen but it was all over in an evening,just about managing to satisfy my attention span...Still,everyone seems to enjoy it so I suppose that's all that matters.I do love the Melodifestivalen website though,and the final (from what I saw of it) looked pretty good last night.Predictable outcome maybe,but Charlotte looked 100% fabulous,and I'm sure everyone will love her in Belgrade.Bit scared of Ola Salo's beard though- not the best look.

Anyway,now everyone seems to have chosen their songs for Belgrade,it seems like a good time to talk a bit about my favourites so far.Which I will be doing over the next few days.

For now though,I must post the video of one of my favourite Eurovision songs ever.It's still fabulous 6 years on- the Casanova of 2002 I think: happy,cheesy and wonderful :)

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

*blows glitter out of her hand towards the camera*

Yes, fabulous! Those chorus rhymes may be cheesy, but I love them!

Poster Girl said...

P.S. I didn't say, but I very much agree with you about Belarus's entry--what on EARTH did they do that for? And "New Russian Kalinka" is great--I'm not really sure how it made it through the selection process (surely someone should know the rules), but it was good promo for it, hopefully!