Sunday 9 March 2008

Russian national final: Only 9 left til Sergey...

Mmm,turns out this Gruppa Granat are quite good actually.The presenters described them as 'rock fusion' (I think).Don't know what it means,but I'm loving this song.Also helps that one of them looks a bit like Måns Zelmerlöw.Ooh,now they're drawing hearts on a white wall thing...Quirky.I'm very pleasantly surprised.
Ooh,now it's Sabrina from Fabrika Zvezd 6.Never really took much notice of her on Fabrika but I'm quite intrigued.Ooh,there's lots of harp type music involved.And dodgy rhymes...Keira describes the song as RnB/Gypsy,which is quite a good description I think.Didn't really do it for me unfortunately.
Gruppa BK consists of a guy who loves Benny and Bjorn from ABBA's haircut so much,he's got it himself too,and another guy who can't sing very well.Oooh no,this is boring,no matter how much vigorous waving the guy who can't sing very well does.
Oh dear,there are no words to describe Asia.Her dancers are interesting though,they're dressed like Marija Serifovic and they're dancing like they're on dancemats.Still can't detract from the fact that 'Asia' can't sing to save her life.

----Break time----

We've got the Russkiy Standart vodka out now,might make the wait to Sergey a bit more bearable :)

Mmm...Tamila Grishenko has a nice husky voice.Not sold on the song yet though.It's a bit slow and not Eurovision at all...Actually,no,I do like it.Although Tamila does look rather bored.
Premier Ministr are all dressed up like Bonaparti.lv minus the top hats.I didn't like them when they were in Eurovision before,but this is actually a really funky song.Could be big competition for Dima and Sergey.Oh dear,the longer it goes on,the more I like it :/ Keira's just come up with an interesting point- why can't some of the countries in Eurovision this year with awful songs borrow some of the ones from this Russian final?Would be far more entertaining.
Anatoli Alyoshin really isn't what we were expecting.Beneath the semi scary rock exterior lies a very smooth crooner indeed.Boring typical love song though really.Actually,reminds me a bit of an Enrique song...OK,I'm really bored with him now.
Ooh now this is interesting.Aleksei Vorobyev is quite attractive actually.The presenter said this is a 'new Russian Kalinka'.Nice,a folk song...It's got some interesting new poppy bits in it,but essentially it is exactly the same as the original Kalinka.I actually love this,it's sooooo good.He'll do well in Belgrade,typical Russian music,hot singer,pop elements...Ooh the crowd love it,the jury are trying soooo hard not to smile...Keira's devastated she likes it.
Mmm,Roman Bezhin is a bit disco-rock.He has typical Belarussian hair and an interesting voice.The song is very 80s actually,but a bit naff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont like (if I keep telling myself then maybe I'll believe it) Either way, he was no-where as good as Dima (maybe). GO DIMA!