Saturday 15 November 2008

Vlad vs Sergey- who's the Perfect Lazerboy?

So,the recent weeks have seen both ex-Smash boys release new singles.But which is better?There's only one way to find out...no,not a fight,I'm going to write about them both.

Oh,by the way,talking of Smash,it'll soon be time to drag out this little gem again.Love it :)

I've never given Vlad a chance really.What with all the stuff I'd read about him regarding the breakup of Smash etc,and the one song of his I'd heard (The Dream I think it was),I decided I didn't like him much.But the other day,Keira told me the video to his new song Perfect Criminal was out and I thought I'd have a watch.I've been listening to it an insane amount ever since- it's so so catchy.I've been really getting into electropop lately (I blame BiS).It's a bit Brother oh Brother lyrically,but infinitely more funky.The most important thing you need to know about it is that it contains clappy bits,which is always a good thing.Oh,and my favourite bit probably is at 4.10,where you think it's ending,but in fact carries on for another half a minute,being all groovy and wonderful :) The video is erm,a bit weird to say the least.Vlad is a bad boy and tries to escape from prison,and ends up getting quite a harsh punishment...However,it also features some rather cool dancing- although Vlad will never be the discotastic dancing genius that Sergey is :)




As for Sergey...Well I've never really been a big fan of his,until Girlfriend.I wanted him to win the Russian national final- I've said it (more than) once,so I can say it again: Flyer was sooooo much better than Believe! Anyway,yeah,but despite my supporting him there,there weren't too many of his songs that I really liked.I'm very into him these days though.I've posted Lazerboy on here before I think,but now the official video is out,at last.If you like leather,it's one for you.Like the video to Perfect Criminal,it's a bit weird,but not in the same way...Also like Perfect Criminal,it's the chorus that really gets to you.It's such a simple chorus but oh so catchy.It's in Russian and I have no idea what it's all about,but because the beat and the rhythm etc are so strong,I forget it's in Russian a lot of the time.Loving the laser noises at the end too :)



So which is best? Well let's be honest,they're not that much different are they? But for now at least,I think Vlad has the edge.Must be the claps that do it...

3 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

i'll go for sergey. just because even though he is being strangled by telephone wires (he really should get cordless) he still looks super cute in a suit...

Anonymous said...

I second that, both in song quality and hot fierceness in looks.

Amazing though how much influence Timbaland & Justin Timberlake has over pop music, this song sounds like a bit like a B-Side from FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS.

I bet Sergey would be even hotter with a cropped haircut. Not keen on his bizarre fringe.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone advise where I can download a copy of Lazerboy? **obsessed**