Sunday 17 February 2008

Late as usual

So the much awaited Häggkvist/Johnson duet last night has confirmed 2 things for me: 1- Carola is really really annoying and 2- I love Andreas! I haven't listened to all the songs from last night's semi final yet,not all the way throuh anyway,just the ones that got through to the final and Andra Chansen,but One Love is by far one of the best ones.Carola's voice is grating (not nearly as grating as Nicole's),but generally I think the song's a bit of an anthem.And also,I've wanted Andreas to win Melodifestivalen for the past 3 years now,so it'd be really good if Sweden chose One Love this year.

Ola's Love In Stereo was of course the other song to get to Andra Chansen.I was really looking forward to hearing his song when I found out he was going to be in Melodifestivalen,but I'm quite disappointed actually.But not as disappointed as I am with the fact Rongedal got through to the final.What were you thinking Sweden?!Mind you,they did send Amy Diamond to the final last week so I shouldn't really be surprised.Seriously though,I don't understand what's going on with the Scandinavian countries this year.Maybe Finland will make up for all these awful decisions...Although I do doubt that somehow.

However,something good did happen last night and that's that Sanna Nielsen is in the final.I really like Empty Room,although I do take the Schlagerboys' point that a gay remix complete with wind machines and key change would be better :) Still though,I reckon she'd do quite well in Belgrade,it's a really good song.

As for the others...well,there's not really anything to say about The Nicole.Why The Nicole anyway?Is she indie or something?Lasse Lindh was boring,I didn't really get the Kebabpizza thing,although like I said I haven't heard it all the way through,maybe I'd change my mind if I did.I did however think Alexander Schöld was pretty fabulous.It's a shame Den första svalan came second to last.I mean,Alexander's voice isn't the greatest,but the song is really happy and upbeat.And has just the right amount of guitars :)

Anyway,BWO next week.Not one of my favourite bands,but I'm sure they'll come up with something schlagertastic.There's hope for Sweden yet.

No comments: