Friday 8 February 2008

Dreamers like us can get around without spending a fortune


Just a quick post to let you know I'm in (musical) love again.Not with a Russian though.Or a Belarussian.Or even a Norwegian.
Brandur Enni,as you probably know from Melodifestivalen,is from the Faroe Islands like Teitur,who I also love lots.For an 18 year old,he's been around quite a while,having released an album and everything 6 years ago...I've probably mentioned my opinions about child stars before,but Brandur's early songs weren't actually that bad.At least the ones I've heard so far.Anyway,have a look at his MySpace page. There's 4 songs on there,I really like World Citizens.And All For You.And the other 2 as well actually,they're all fabulous.
Here's his Melodifestivalen attempt from last night as well.I think I like it,but there was no way Sweden was ever going to send anything less than schlagertastic.Still though,was choosing Amy Diamond really necessary?

Anyway.Linguistics coursework.Ethnicity and language planning in Luxembourg.Must concentrate...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, amy diamond? really? Whats the chances of her winning the final? I'm hoping slim - there's no need to inflict that on the rest of europe.

Raquelita said...

I wouldn't be too surprised if she won the final.But there's still a lot of big names coming up in the next few semi finals,like Charlotte Nilsson (or Perrelli as she is now),Ola,Linda Bengtzing...oh,and BWO are still in it,I didn't realise- they're in the semi final the week after next.

Poster Girl said...

I didn't think too much of this song (nice backing vocals part, though)...but I was just telling someone that Brandur deserved a lot more--not in the sense of a higher ranking here (though it would have been better than Christer...), but in the sense of a better song. I was really impressed with him! I hope the exposure at Melodifestivalen does him some good, and that he'll get another chance at fame outside the Faroe Islands.