Wednesday 20 February 2008

I don't want nobody but you

By the way,if you listened to Sounds of Europe last night,you'll have heard me exalting the wonderful Sergey Lazarev and his latest (?) song Girlfriend.And if you didn't listen to Sounds of Europe,well I'll say it again :) Girlfriend was written by Ben Adams of a1,my favourite ever British boyband.Ben's written songs for Sergey before,to varying degrees of success...but this is clearly the best one.It's so so catchy and the chorus has been going round my head for about 4 days now,which is quite annoying,but anyway,if you haven't heard it yet,then you must listen,it's everything a pop song should be :)
There is a real video to it,but it only seems to be available on a Russian equivalent of youtube that I don't like very much.And anyway,it's not the greatest music video ever,so I'm posting this 'live' version from the New Wave festival in Latvia instead.

1 comment:

Poster Girl said...

Yay Sergey! I'm so glad the Russian pop scene has someone like him...and I'm glad Ben Adams is still getting work doing something.

Oh, and definite yes, a1 were AMAZING.