Tuesday 14 August 2007

I wish your heart was big enough for the two of us

I'm feeling miserable today because everyone seems to be going on holiday,and I'm stuck here in nasty rainy,windy Britain :( And to make things worse,there's no ski jumping on Eurosport today.I don't know why,they showed every competition on telly last season...Anyway,I just found out that you can now go to Oslo from Gatwick.This is good news,and something I think might just come in useful sometime soon.
To prevent myself from being more miserable than strictly necessary,I've been listening to some good old Europop.Notably these ones...

Aleksander With- A Little Too Perfect

If you don't have Aleksander's album,Coming Home,then I suggest you buy it.There's some wonderful pop on there,my favourite song is called How About.It's super,and not your typical everyday pop song.Unfortunately though,he hasn't released it,so there's no video.However,A Little Too Perfect is also a fabulous song,it's like a musical tiramisu!I don't know who the drummer in the video is,but he's quite nice.Aleksander's not too bad either.I love Norwegian men,I can only hope to have one of my own one day...:)


Røyksopp- Eple


Not quite Europop,but fabulous all the same.I love the video to it too,it's a bit cool.Well,I like most of Røyksopp's videos actually,but this is my favourite.And Melody AM is quite possibly the second best album I've bought this year.


Marie Serneholt- The Boy I Used To Know

I've mentioned how much I love Marie Serneholt on here before.Her album Enjoy the Ride is as close to pop perfection as you can get and I've been getting into this song again lately.It's not quite as good as I Need A House and some of the others,but it's still very catchy and poptastic.There's no real video to it yet,but someone's made one,with lots of annoyingly good photos.I seriously don't think there is such a thing as an unattractive Scandinavian...

No comments: