Wednesday 4 March 2009

I'm so jealous,jealous of you

New Faroese music alert!

Well not that new,he's already released one album back in 2007,but I've just discovered Heiðrik and find him quite intriguing.I'm not so mad about the weird black eye thing he and his band have got going on,but I am quite mad about his voice.I have no idea what genre you'd put his music in,going by the song I've posted here.It's kind of dark and maybe slightly sinister in places but then there's the strings which as well as adding a bit of a Scandinavian sound to the song,lift the mood slightly.Anyway,this is Jealous,and the performance is from the Nordic House in Tórshavn last year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice - never heard anything from the Faroes so there's a first time for everything.

Doesn't it remind you of early Sinead O'Connor?

Raquelita said...

I can't say I know any of Sinead's songs actually,other than the really obvious ones.As for Faroese music,you should check out Teitur- I've written about him on here a few times before and after seeing one of his shows in Denmark last year,I've decided he definitely is the best singer-songwriter around.