Friday 29 August 2008

Everyone has a mess in their hearts and heads

Late as usual,I've just discovered And I Lie by Prata Vetra,and I think it's rather good.I can't say I like Baltic music much,and I think the main reason I love PV is that they're not your average Baltic band,and they've tried a few different genres in their time.And I Lie however,sounds to me quite like typical Latvian/Lithuanian pop-rock,but it's great.



Ja tikai uz mani tu paskatītos (If only you would look at me) is very funky too,and from the same album released this year.I could see an English version of this in the UK charts actually.



Oh,and there's a Russian version of it too- Tolko By Ty Menya Posmotrela.

1 comment:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

"And I Lie" rules. Interestingly, although they released it as a single in Latvia, they didn't put it on the "Tur Kaut Kam Ir Jabut" CD in favour of the Latvian version of the song (Ai Nu Lai") but it's all good anyway, regardless of language.

As for "Ja Tikai Uz Mani..." thanks for the Russian version. They are soooooo talented, singing in three languages...wonder if and when the English version of their latest album will get released?