Monday 4 August 2008

In my mind a dream awakes,and my heart begins to break

What is it with Dima Bilan and Italy?He did O Sole Mio for the soundtrack to that film (Glyanyets was it?),and then he did an absolutely amazing version of Ave Maria (I'm not actually a massive fan of religious music by the way).Thanks to Google Analytics or one of those type efforts anyway,I discovered that Mr B dabbled a bit in opera songs a few years ago- one of these being the Neapolitan delight that is Torna a Surriento (Return to Sorrento).Now,again,I'm not a great fan of old Italian opera songs and the like,but this one is a bit special to me.Although inlaid wooden jewellery boxes are all the rage in Southern Italy,my one (exactly the same as the picture but cream instead) is my most favourite thing that I own.When you open it,it plays Torna a Surriento,which always makes me feel a bit sad,because I haven't had the chance to go back there since I got the box.
But anyway,enough of me lamenting my missing of Southern Italy's fabulous weather,and all the nice scenery and various members of my family- this (apparantly) is Dima singing Torna a Surriento.Although you can't see him.

No comments: