Friday 27 June 2008

FZ bol'she ne budet

As an anonymous person recently commented and as I've just read on my usual dodgy Russian showbiz site- Fabrika Zvezd,the series which gave us Dima Koldun,Chelsi,Tishman and oh yeah,Kuba will be no more :( Admittedly,I only ever watched the 6th series anyway (actually,I'm still in the process of collecting episodes of Po Domam now!),but still,it was one of very few reality TV shows that I enjoy- despite not being able to understand much of what went on.Such was its effect on me that FZ featured more than a little bit in a German essay I wrote for coursework this year about Russian media since the end of the Soviet Union (which I got a bloody good mark for incidentally :) ) and my obsessive watching has left me in no doubt that it is one of the factors responsible for my 5% mark increase in oral Russian this academic year :) Diana even made us all FZ T-shirts before we left Guildford...

Anyway,these are some of my favourite bits...

-This was the first video I ever saw.Why I continued watching after this,I'm not sure.


-Whatever anyone says about Prohor,I still think he's 100% fabulous.Especially when he sings 50 Cent songs :)


-That touching exchange between Arseniy and Dennis during Anna Vissi's visit
Anna Vissi- "Give me some Eminem stuff"
Dennis- "Eminem stuff...that's good. (To Arseniy)- "You're not Eminem,get the fuck off"
Arseniy- "I'm 50 Cent"
*They launch into Fly By. By Blue

- "Mama nu ne vinovataya ya,ne vinovataya ya..." Was so exciting hearing this at the Russian Winter Festival :)


- The one and only Kruto Ti Popal (the RTR version of course)

- Dima Bilan's visit The full version is fabulous- Chelsi really need to release that cover of Ya Tebya Pomnyu :)

- Dima K's mad antics.Shame there's no video of him with his cardboard box monster or tower of crispbread.


Also- Prohor's face going from completely disappointed to really really happy after he'd been eliminated but Drobysh saved him anyway,Dima going all emo and sitting in the bushes and getting a bit annoyed with Prohor and Vika,and that weird episode of Po Domam where they dubbed it into loads of different languages and strange accents.

Oh,and of course series 7,where a bit of BiS , a bit of Tishman and a bit of "Georgiy in da tub" was all I really saw.

Hopefully someone from Perviy Kanal will see this,realise what a mistake they're making,and bring FZ back next year!

3 comments:

Keira said...

!!!

:(

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Aw that's bad news! Russian music was always a mystery to me till I found your blog and discovered various Dimas and Prohor and Tishman and ....what am I gonna do now????

"Candy Shop" = LOL!

Anonymous said...

Koldun the best ;)))