Tuesday 30 October 2007

Ég vil ekki vera svona,ekki sitja og bíða og vona

Today's gratuitous Chelsi picture is actually just of Arseniy.Because he's the loveliest of them all :)


Anyway,as hard as it may be to believe,I have actually been listening to bands other than Chelsi in the last few days (not many,but some).And I've recently rediscovered Írafár,whose lead singer is none other than the fabulous Birgitta Haukdal who of course represented Iceland at Eurovision in 2003 with one of my favourite ESC songs ever- Open Your Heart.At one point Írafár were one of my favourite bands,but then I just kind of forgot about them somehow...Anyway,my favourite song of theirs is probably the big and dramatic Allt Sem Ég Sé,but instead I shall post the video to Ég Sjálf.Mostly because it's a much happier,poppier song,and the video isn't half as strange as the Allt Sem Ég Sé one.
Not sure exactly what Ég Sjálf is all about,although the chorus translates as something along the lines of "I don't want to be like that,I'm not gonna sit around and wait and hope,I'm just gonna be myself."Something like that anyway,I don't really know,I don't speak Icelandic (unfortunately).But it's generally very happy,uplifting,and I love to sing it very loudly when I'm cleaning the kitchen and no one else is home :)


I feel like I must just add another Chelsi video at this point.I seem to have acquired a taste for foreign language rap lately,what with Curse,the German Prison Break theme tune,and Snook's wonderful Inga Problem (thanks to Europe Crazy for that one!),and now it seems I've moved onto the Russian stuff.
Для Тебя (For You) was (partly) written by Dennis Petrov,who is my second favourite member of Chelsi and one of my favourite people from last year's series of Fabrika Zvezd :) The lyrics are quite sweet I suppose- "Everything is for you,the sun and the moon shine for you" etc etc... See,15 months of Russian lessons must have done me some good :) Not quite sure why everything's so red in this video,or what the stylists were thinking putting them in these naff outfits,but we like it all the same.And Arseniy has a nice solo bit in the middle :) They're not miming,honestly.

1 comment:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Still loving Snook here too! Glad you still like "Inga Problem", their album is great as well. As for the "Prison Break Anthem" I really like this as well, I heard it a lot during my recent holiday in Berlin. Did you ever hear the French "Prison Break" theme "Pas le Temps" by Faf Larage? Very similar to the German one (only its in French) and another one to add to your foreign rap collection :-))