Wednesday 11 February 2009

Imagination feeds my hungry heart

When I was thinking about this post,I thought of starting it along the lines of "now I guess seeing as I lived in Germany for 5 months,I should be all 'patriotic' and support their ESC entry however bad it is.But I just can't bring myself to." I don't do swing music- brass/wind instruments (whatever they are,I neither know nor care) really don't sit well with me (unless it's a military band performing Work Your Magic of course...),and I just find the whole genre a bit naff.So when Miss Kiss Bang Bang started,I thought "ugh." Actually I probably thought "ugh" just from reading the title.But it is actually a pretty good song.A lot better than I expected from NDR anyway.It won't win,it has no chance- Roger didn't exactly do well now did he? And it seems a bit odd that Germany's gone down that route again,but still,for what it is,it's pretty good.Catchy,key change,cute guy,silly lyrics.What's not to like really?

1 comment:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Welcome back to blog-land. Missed you!!

Yay it's big band night at ESC! Reassuringly bonkers German entry, at least they're trying something different. Different enough to do quite well: he's rather easy on the eye isn't he :)

(As every entry is chosen I measure it against the crime-against-music that is "It's My Time", and inevitably Royaume-Uni is still at the bottom of my list.)