Friday 21 September 2007

Hör mir zu, was mir in diesem Leben fehlt bist du

Let's just say that I'm appreciating a lot of German things at the moment,not least their wonderful pop music :)

Yvonne Catterfeld- Du Hast Mein Herz Gebrochen

I love this song,as much as it's normal to love a sad song about breaking up with someone...I heard it for the first time years ago (probably in Croatia) and for some reason I still feel myself drawn to the clichéd yet wonderful lyrics.I've been listening to quite a bit of Yvonne's stuff lately actually,and in general I'm thinking she's quite good.She used to be in a funky (rather badly acted) German soap called Gute Zeiten,Schlechte Zeiten,something with has become as synonymous with my holidays in the Balkans and Africa as the obligatory fit waiter...

Azad feat. Adel Tawil - Ich Glaub' An Dich

Keira introduced me to this one.It's the theme tune to the German version of Prison Break (something which I've never actually watched in any language,as much as my mother is obsessed with it).We've decided that the German language+rap+piano= a winning combination.Although to be honest,this statement is only based on this song and the wonderful Warum Nicht? by Curse...Anyway,this song has lovely lyrics,which is probably the real reason why I like it.However,as always,the internet connection here at Europop Mansions (Surrey Branch) is being painfully slow,so I can't actually find any lyrics to write here.

Culcha Candela- Hamma

Why I like this song,I have absolutely no idea.As Keira correctly identified,if it was in English,I'd hate it.Seems the Germans are having a strange effect on me.Anyway,I have it on good authority that 'Hamma' in fact means 'cool/very good/fabulous.' I prefer to go with the latter translation,as I really like the idea of a hip hop song called Fabulous :)


Ooh,and in other news,I'm very excited,because not only am I now a member of the Polish Society at my university,I'm also starting my Polish course in 2 weeks time.Happy times!

No comments: