Sunday 7 June 2009

It's that time of year again



Isn't that the best cake in the world ever? I want it for myself.Anyway,yes,today marks the 2nd birthday of my (admittedly rather neglected) first child.So much has changed since June 2007 when WYM all started- most notably the arrival of Parlez-vous Europop,which has taken up most of my attention over the past 10 months as I've been out of the country and preferred to talk about me rather than keep up with European music.That said,I did discover some pretty wonderful songs and singers during my time in Germany.The same can't really be said for France though- I've tried but I'm just not feeling pop française.But anyway,I must be doing something right,the ever-wonderful Sitemeter informs me that I've had over 17,000 hits in the past year at least,which is a hell of a lot more than I expected.So thanks for visiting peeps! And by the way,I'm leaving France in just under 5 weeks,and when I get back home,I intend normal service to resume.Actually I do have a rather grand idea for this blog,but it's a question of time and resources that I don't have at the minute.But stay tuned.

Of course at the birthday of a music blog,one needs music,and so here's what is easily the best song that's come about since WYM started...

4 comments:

Keira said...

Happy blog birthday!

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Belated happy birthday WYM!! I know how hard it is to keep two blogs (or even three) going so you deserve congratulations for doing two brilliant blogs.

As someone who was totally obsessed with French music between 1998 and 2005, I totally have to agree with you about French pop at the moment, it's in a bit of a decline. Don't think it'll be any better once you're back home - just like in France our charts are full of r'n'b and it's pretty dire in any language :) rant over.

I'm intrigued by your big plans for the blog....and hooray for good old Sitemeter, it's too fab for words.

Raquelita said...

Thanks peeps!

Actually I'm hoping to turn this blog into a proper website sometime in the near future.I can see the design in my head,but I'm about as technically-minded as a 3 day old chimp,so I'm gonna need to talk to some clever people first :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Good luck with the new design for WYM. I also wanted to customise some new templates for the blogs and spent most of the end of May bank holiday weekend tearing my hair out before abandoning the idea so I hope you have better luck!! :)