Wednesday 30 June 2010

Diaries at the ready

Eurovision 2011 will be the week beginning 9th May according to esctoday.com.I'd heard the rumours but I cannot believe that they're letting Lena represent them again.Satellite was a worthy winner this year,of that there is no doubt,and I'm glad Lena's getting publicity across Europe,but having her sing for Germany again next year is a ridiculous idea.I guess they're doing it because they don't want to stage the contest 2 years in a row (maybe she should sing My Lovely Horse just to make sure of it),but seriously.Germany has a massive wealth of musical talent so to just make the snap decision to have a singer whose "charm" actually wore off pretty much as soon as she won in Oslo is a pointless move which I'd be quite annoyed about if I was a German singer looking for the chance to publicise myself on the world's biggest musical stage.But what do I know.

3 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Hooray! Glad to hear that - as long as it doesn't coincide with my traditional May holiday week.

Can't see Lena doing it again though. They might be thinking about it just now, but the lure of another "Unser Star für Oslo" (or whatever German city) may just be too much for them to resist. And I agree, the novelty has definitely worn off.

Raquelita said...

Maybe if it does coincide with your traditional holiday week,you should go to Germany :) I dreamt last night that it was going to be held in Aachen,BBC News were covering the story.It was bizarre.Hope it's not a premonition,there seem to be quite a few little towns in the running from what I've read.I'm still hoping for Hamburg of course :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Now there's a good idea! I've always wanted to go to Eurovision...!

I think Hamburg's in with a good shout, but it would be great fun if one of the smaller towns got it.