Thursday 15 January 2009

Top 50- 23: I was the life of that nation



Monica Naranjo- Europa

Monica is the most fabulous diva of our time I think.The TarĂ¡ntula album is one of my favourites of last year,and I've recently been getting into it again bigtime.It's so varied,from the chilled out El Descanso,to the hyper Kambalaya to the shouty but wonderful second single Amor y Lujo- all of the songs are great.But none more so than Europa- Monica's first single for a few years.I really think it's a modern day masterpiece.Wonderfully dramatic and slightly operatic at the beginning,going into turning into a funky modern dance beat after a few minutes- it shouldn't work but it really does.Monica has such an interesting,versatile voice too,it's hard to imagine anyone else singing this song.

No comments: