Monday 3 September 2007

Europop of the Week

The Jonatan Cerrada frenzy has subsided a bit for now.Until those lovely people in Germany send me La Preuve du Contraire anyway :) So I've been listening to some other things this week,namely these...

Lichtenfels- Sounds Like A Melody

I heard this a lot when I was in Croatia a few years ago,on the German music channels anyway (I love VIVA,it makes a holiday even better).It samples the original by Alphaville (check out that video too,it's weird),but I'm thinking this version is actually infinitely better,which isn't usually the case for songs that sample other songs.(Thank God I'm studying European languages,my English is awful!)But anyway,for a country where mainstream music is more on the rock side of things,the Germans also make some pretty good dance music.

Dima Koldun- Na Volne

It's been far too long since I've mentioned Dima Koldun on here.I've been meaning to write about this song for a while actually,but keep forgetting.It's a proper pop song,a bit more reminiscent of Dima Bilan than Mr K I think.Now I do like Dima's 'rockier' stuff like Get Up Get Down and that duet Still Loving You that he did with Scorpions on Fabrika Zvëzd,but let's face it,you can't beat a good old bit of pop :)

Nek- Se Una Regola C'è

I'm not too sure why I'm putting this one on here,I haven't listened to it for absolutely years (well about 5 years anyway),but I just came across it last night and remembered how cool it is.I love my Italian pop,and I just hope my mother will bring me some good stuff back from Sorrento.Admittedly,this isn't the greatest version,it's pretty long,and to be honest,I'm not the biggest fan of live versions of songs,not pop ones anyway.Still,I quite like it.


Sportfreunde Stiller- Ein Kompliment


Not exactly Europop,but I'm loving it all the same,if only because it contains the best,well,compliment ever- "you're the sweet aisle in my supermarket".Poetry!

No comments: